Especially for Teachers
The following book lists include a plethora of information for each book: title and bibliographic information, Horn Book rating, genre, theme(s), sources for related information to the book, and a short annotation. This information is intended to make it easier for teachers to select texts for their classroom use.
- Great Books for Middle School Reluctant Readers (PDF)
- Great Books for High School Reluctant Readers (PDF)
- Great Books for Middle School Avid Readers (PDF)
Articles about Children's Literature
Explore these journals and magazines for the latest information about children’s literature. Note that journals of the International Reading Association, the National Council of Teachers of English, the National Reading Conference, and other reading journals will also often contain articles about children’s literature and education.
- Children’s Literature in Education
- Journal of Children’s Literature
- Children’s Literature
- Children’s Literature Association Quarterly
- The Horn Book
- The ALAN Review
- The Looking Glass: New Perspectives on Children’s Literature
- Signal Journal
- The Lion and the Unicorn